To ensure safety in the food chain and the health of humans and animals, feed is tested for its properties and the feed production process is monitored. The most important goal is to guarantee the animals a life of good health.
Only through increased quality controls can the safety of feed be guaranteed. Regulation 767/2009 regulates the placing on the market and the use/ feeding of feed and provides better information for the user and the consumer.
Our Main Lab Analyses
bilacon offers you a complete package for feed analysis for marketability testing, residue and contaminant testing, chemical assessment and microbiological safety.
- Acrylamide (performed by partner laboratory within the Tentamus Group)
- Animal species determination with PCR (performed by partner laboratory within Tentamus Group)
- Digestible protein
- Dioxin-like PCB’s (performed by partner laboratory within the Tentamus Group)
- Dioxins + Furans (performed by partner laboratory within the Tentamus Group)
- Fatty acid spectrum
- FEDIAF comparison
- Heavy metals
- Inhibitor test
- Labelling check
- Mineral oil components
- NGS – Next Generation Sequencing (performed by partner laboratory within Tentamus Group)
- Sensory analysis
- Starch content
- Weender analysis incl. crude fiber
What is a
The Weender analysis is used in the testing of feed for the determination of
- Crude ash
- Crude protein
- Crude fat
- Crude fiber
- Nitrogen-free extractives
It is mandatory to declare these analytical components on the packaging or label.
FEDIAF is the European Pet Food Industry Federation, which has established the “Guidelines for complete and complementary foods for cats and dogs” to ensure a balanced and healthy diet. These guidelines include, for example, recommendations for nutrient levels in dog and cat food.
During a FEDIAF comparison, the nutrient contents are compared with the FEDIAF recommendations to determine whether they are present in the optimal concentrations. After all, to provide animals with optimal nutrition, products should provide a good mix of proteins, vitamins, minerals and fatty acids.